Saturday, October 22, 2011

Sunday Spotlight – Cheri of Dream Big Designs

1. Your screen name? Your real name?
It is the same for both; Cheri
And my Design name is Dream Big Designs.2. What is your main job/career?
My first and foremost important job is a Mom. I am raising three kiddos and I always try to put that first. The other job I have is I am Cake Decorator. I have decorated cakes for 10 years and still do it as a side job.
3. Are you married/children/pets?
I have been married for almost 10 years. I have 3 kids, and as far as pets I would love to have a cat, dog, horse, lizard, bird and guinea pig. But right now we only have fish. (My little family is too allergic to animal hair.)
4. Where is home for you?
Right now, home is in Syracuse Utah. But I will always consider Portland Oregon my home also.
5. What are your 3 favorite foods?
Spaghetti, Milk and Brownies
6. What is your favorite flavor of ice cream?
Chocolate Chip Mint
7. Snacks…Salty or Sweet?
Salty
8. Beverage of choice?
Ice Water
9. What’s your least favorite food?
Sweet Potatoes
10. PC or Mac? What program do you use?
PC. I use PSE and CS5.
11. How long have you been digi-scrapping? How did you get started?
I have been digi scrapping for 4 years and started designing soon after that. I had my second child and wanted a way to preserve their memories without the mess. My neighbour gave me a quick lesson on PSE and I found some freebies and tutorials online and took off from there.
12. What was your 1st LO about?
I scrapped our Family Easter Picture. I think it turned out ok for my first page ever….
13. Do you have any other hobbies besides digi-scrapping (are there other hobbies)?
I LOVE to read Paranormal Romance! I also love to run, hike, waterski, ride horses, and do random crafts.
14. What is the most challenging part of scrapbooking for you?
Time! I always want to do more. It is good that I can get faster, cause I don’t think I would be able to keep up with everything I want to get done. Speaking of….let’s cruise through these questions so I can get back to scrapping. Tee hee.
15. What would you like to learn to do (or do better) not related to scrapbooking?
Photography. My DH is way better at it than I am, but I always seem to be the one with the camera.
16. What are your favorite movies/TV shows?
I really don’t watch too much TV. I really love to watch romance movies, but I would rather be at my computer than in front of the TV. Always!!!
17. Describe your “scrapping” environment. Music? TV in the background? Drinks? Snacks? Where?
Kids are asleep, house is cleaned and quiet. I have a nice mug of hot chocolate and I am bright eyed and the creative juices are always flowing……Bwahahahh. Yeah Right! I normally have a bit of bills, trash, and coupons on my computer desk. My desk is in the kitchen (main area of the house) so people are always running around yelling, crashing, crying. Chaos. And normally I try to zone out 20 minutes here and there to my little paradise called my PC.
18. If you only had 2 elements to use on a LO, what would they be?
Splatters and a killer Alpha.
19. Would you like to share a little known fact about you…?
I can wiggle my ears. Yep, like a dog.
20. When did you start designing? What is your favorite product that you’ve designed?
I started designing in April of 2008. My favorite product is Smarty Pants. I adore school kits and this one tops my favorites.
21. How would you describe your design style?
I like to make my items look paper pieced together. And I love grungy with a bit of childishness. (is that a word?)
22. Where do you get your inspiration/motivation?
Everywhere. My kids, hubby, driving, reading, TV, and my dreams. Believe it or not, I dream a LOT about my scrapbook kits. I get a lot of my ideas from my dreams.
23. Which of your kits showcases you style the most?
I would have to say Harbor Bay. I love creating little characters and this has a bit of everything in it.
24. What is your favorite color scheme to design with?
I love boy colors. Rich Oranges, Bold Blues, Limy Greens.
25. Favorite kit you’ve designed?My favorite is always the latest kit I have created. But right now I am most proud of A Charming Party. (My princess kit.) I just adore all the little princesses.Thanks for letting us get to know you better, Cheri!  Be sure to check out her whole store HERE!Related Posts with Thumbnails

Tags: Sunday Spotlight

This entry was posted on Sunday, October 16th, 2011 at 2:02 am and is filed under ScrapMatters, Sunday Spotlight. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment