Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Saturday Special

Heidi shadows here Saturday with a revision of a special …. There are so many different directions that I could go on, but today I'm going to show you how to change the color of your shadow.
OK, on the lesson. Have you ever had an item that you have added a shadow, but it looks just not correct? Sometimes, after a black shadow is not natural. Look around you now. Are the items casting shadows black? Maybe they are a soft shade of gray. Perhaps as a result of the color of the item when the shadow. If you're going to keep this spirit shadows contemporary layout.

How to add your shadow, go ahead and add it to your paper/element/etc. Now, I would like to double click on the "fx" on your shadow layer you.

It should bring up a box like this:

Make sure you that the "drop shadow" box is marked in blue as the # 2 shows. If that is not highlighted, you won't see the screen above. Then I want you to click in the black box circled in # 3. It should bring a new box that looks like this:

Message that your cursor can now pick a new color if you place it on your layout. Then I want you to click on your paper. You color box, click the color of the paper will change and this is OK you now want to start down on the color box. I usually go to the grey side of my color. Find out how to change the shadow color of the on your element. Now it looks a bit softer and more natural? Continue to play with it until you hear a shadow that looks like it would be like for you now. Jennifer's style, or, if you where it is and you can only move the colour sliders, as evidenced by the # 4 until you are satisfied with a color you.

I had for my layout above, white paper under my photos/elements. With Jennifer's shadows, she has a brown color of the shadow that give a nice warm natural shade. But for this particular layout, I wanted my shadow a little more "cool", so I changed the shadow color. However, I changed, not the shadow color of the white paper resting on the bottom brown paper. It was the perfect color for that paper.

Wendy created for PSP users, this tutorial for you (thank you Wendy!):

Click the color box and you come up with this box where you can change your shadow to what color you want to include:

Basically you go to drop shadow 3-d effects and effects > > you get this screen where you are able to edit the color, depth, etc.

Here's a new layout that I made using the same technique:

Please note that this was using CS4. I'm not familiar with the elements, but I was told by Denise, who is the: Queen: that the dialog boxes look different, but the concept still works.

Make sure to check the challenge in the forum for more inspriation from our amazing CT! Happy Saturday!:)

Related Posts with ThumbnailsThis entry was posted on Saturday, October 22, 2011 at 1: 33 am and is filed under the Saturday Special. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment